Here are a few of our favourite links from this week. Feel free to peruse Art DepartMENTAL’s Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or our brand new Google + Fan Page for more art department and film related goodies! Circle us on Google + and we’ll be sure to circle you back.
- The 2012 Art Director’s Guild nominees have been announced!
- “Scenes Reveal Souls” – a look at the production design of A Dangerous Method, Take Shelter, and Martha Marcy May Marlene.
- A new study shows that 4 of 6 of the happiest activities are arts-related.
- Feeling uninspired? Some top artists talk about how to cultivate inspiration.
- The December/January issue of Perspective magazine is a fantastic read as always, including a feature on the production design of The Artist.
- A great article about the importance of production design in indie filmmaking, with some wise words from Mark Tanner.
- Check out this video featuring the best in title design:
How was your week? Did you find any great links or posts?