It’s time to start up our Links & Stuff posts again. I sincerely thank you for your patience; it’s been far too long. If you want to stay in the loop before these posts roll around, follow Art DepartMENTAL on Twitter (@artdepartmental) and on Facebook where I post all the latest and greatest film, art, architecture and production design news and views.
Photo of the Month
Blood & Champagne is one of my favourite new websites for admiring high-end modern and post-modern interiors.
Links of the Month
- Check out this great Q&A with The Walking Dead Production Designer, Grace Walker about this season’s production design.
- Production designer, Scott Chambliss talks about J.J. Abrams and his production design in Star Trek Into Darkness.
- Steven Spielberg and George Lucas predict ‘massive implosion’ in film industry.
- A 625 Pinhole Camera Rig Is the Craziest Way to Shoot Bullet Time Video.
- The Reality of Production on HBO’s Fantasy Series, Game of Thrones.
- I love this blog featuring stills from films and their corresponding color palettes.
- Eerie images of the abandoned farm houses where even the beds are still made. Creepy.
- How the production designer and costume designer designed the unsettling thriller, Stoker.
- The ultimate compliment for any production designer and set decorator?
- Hannibal on TV is most definitely a man of good taste.
- The sets of Behind the Candelabra are absolutely stunning.
- Delicious images of the lavish Sets of Baz Lurhmann’s The Great Gatsby.
Video of the Month
Director, Guillermo del Toro shows off the amazing “Interior Over-Sized Robot” practical set on Pacific Rim. Amazing stuff.
Which articles and links did you love this week? Let me know in the comments below.
Rose Lagacé | @artdepartmental