1) All the camera sees is the last coat of paint.
2) Don’t cheat (unless you have to).
3) Signs of protest are best done by amateurs.
4) The horizon is always at eye level.
5) It don’t mean a thing if it ain’t got that look.
6) Dirty old hand props need aging too.
7) Be there when it’s still just lines on the floor.
8) If it feels good, do it.
9) The presentation is a bit of show business.
10) Show no set before it’s time.
Are there any production design commandments you think should be added?
Rose Lagace | @artdepartmental
Source: Preston, Ward. What an Art Director Does: An Introduction to Motion Picture Production Design. Los Angeles: Silman-James Press, 1994. Print.