We love to share production design events and other film, art, and design events that might be of value to creatives and fans of film and television.
If you have an event to add that would be of interest to those in the art department or all those who love filmmaking, art, architecture, interior design, graphic design, and more importantly- production design, please submit the event here. Click on any event to find out more information.
To navigate our listings, please filter events by city using the TAGS button and filter by event type using the CATEGORIES button.
Set Decorating Course
This new Intermediate Level 4 day Set Decorating course will examine all aspects of working in the Set Decorating Department of a feature film. Led by established Set Decorator Claire Richards, the course will be a mix of theoretical sessions and practical exercises and will cover the following areas:
- The roles and responsibilities of the Set Decorating department
- How to do an effective script breakdown
- How to research time periods, colour and props
- How to create mood boards and dressing plans
- How to work with fabrics and wallpaper
- How to read and measure from technical drawings
- How to quantify props and accurately cost a set
- How to create and manage successful relationships with the Prop Houses
- How to work effectively and collaboratively with other departments
Additional feature film Set Decorators, Asst Set Decorators and Production Buyers also come to talk to participants about their work. So, there are lots of networking opportunities!
Course fee £750+vat
This course is aimed at those who are currently working in the art department on feature films and looking to transfer. We are therefore looking for applicants to have at least 2 industry feature film credits. Please contact us if you would like to discuss this further.
This will be a modular course which we hope is more convenient for those working on productions.
The first two days will take place on 12th and 13thJuly at Talking Point, Brighton.
The second module will take place on 15th and 16thJuly 2019 at Classic Prop Hire
Both modules need to be completed.
Shortlisted applicants will be notified by 24th June and confirmed by 26th June 2019