It’s time for another Links & Stuff post. I sincerely thank you for your patience as it’s been far too long. If you want to stay in the loop before these posts roll around, follow Art Departmental on Twitter (@artdepartmental) and on Facebook where I post all the latest and greatest film, art, architecture and production design news and views. Luckily for you I’ve actually been so busy most of these are brand new articles I haven’t shared before. Enjoy!
Photo of the Month
Links of the Month
- It costs nothing to encourage an artist
- Three rules for a happy designer
- Darren Aronofsky: Self-Proclaimed Purveyor of Clichés
- The art of storyboarding
- Set Decor- Masters of Sex
- Take a look at the new sets on Parks & Recreation
- How to Make Hiring Less of a Headache
- Top 10 Contemporary Buildings In Movies [EDIT: Link has been updated to newest version of the article 03/19/17]
- How To Make Deli Flowers Look Expensive
- 25 Amazing Beds That Are Almost Too Amazing To Sleep In. I don’t love all of these but some of them are fun and I could certainly picture these in a film.
- Turns Out, Humility Offers a Competitive Advantage
- The 10 Sexiest Models of All Time. Building models, that is.
- How All Those Intern Lawsuits Are Changing Hollywood
- Ariko Inaoka beautifully photographs Icelandic twins Erna and Hrefna
- How Interstellar‘s Nathan Crowley Designed the Ultimate Trip, Through Wormholes & Space-Time
- The Elements of Typography: A fantastic and clever introduction to typography
- How I Taught Steve Jobs To Put Design First
- How Wes AndersonWes Anderson Made The Royal Tenenbaums
Videos of the Month
#OnSet ‘Being A Cinematographer’ Parody Video
Original ‘Being A Cinematographer’ Video from EFTI School of Photography
I found the original video so arrogant I could barely get through it. I was very happy to see the parody released this week with the narrator saying what the original video was actually trying to say. What’s sad is I’ve worked with people with this mind set. It gives real cinematographers who didn’t have their mommy buy them a Red camera a bad name. These two videos are great for a laugh at the very least.
Which articles and links do you love this month? Let me know in the comments below.
Rose Lagacé | @artdepartmental