Take a look at these top 10 tips for production designers. The Ten Commandments of production design is a simple set of rules for establishing great production design on any project.
The Production Design Ten Commandments
1) All the camera sees is the last coat of paint.
2) Don’t cheat (unless you have to).
3) Signs of protest are best done by amateurs.
4) The horizon is always at eye level.
5) It don’t mean a thing if it ain’t got that look.
6) Dirty old hand props need aging too.
7) Be there when it’s still just lines on the floor.
8) If it feels good, do it.
9) The presentation is a bit of show business.
10) Show no set before it’s time.
Are there any production design tips you think should be added or swapped on The Ten Commandments of Production Design by Ward Preston?